Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sweet 7 Sisters


If anyone can boast about the beauty of North East India , I think it would be me. I may be a southie by appearance,speech & personality, but none might have roamed the north east India as i've done. My job gave me that intangible luck to be in the north east & explore the places neck to toe.

The states Assam,Arunachal Pradesh,Meghalaya,Manipur,Mizoram Nagaland & Sikkim constitutes the seven sisters of North East India. Rather it is the only group named as sisters & not brothers ( may be the gals there are too hot) !!!! The beautiful among these ladies is the Arunachal Pradesh where you need a separate inline pass issued by the state government to enter. The point zero in this beautiful state near the city of Itanagar, lies too cold even when the entire state is in steaming hot !!! Even if the invasion of ULFA & MIZO terrorists have invaded the states, the beautiful part is that the culture of the states are well maintained.

If you may get soup of Rhino Horn in Kaziranga of Assam , you may get breast milk cake in the tribal Schizoo village of Arunachal.

My life wouldnt have become complete if i had missed siliguri, the gate way of north Bengal where you may be asked to change your vehicles name plate before stepping into darjeeling / kalimpong. Siliguri is a junction from where you may go to Darjeeling if your sweet heart wishes to have the worlds tastiest tea or towards gangtok to enjoy your honeymoon at -4 deg c witnessing the kanchanganga.

Guwahati is the gateway of north east which has the accessibility with all main cities of India.I may miss the sisters once I get transferred, but the culture & jovial nature of the people of here ( ofcourse the beauty of them ;-) ) will make me take a drive once again through those hairpin roads

4 comments:

  1. great work man.. and excellent description :) way to go..

    ReplyDelete
  2. For that matter any part of India is unique in its own way..great post!Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. North east is one area I been dreaming of exploring for quiet a long time...u r lucky that ur work took u thr..
    I want to go there to see for myself if all those things I read about Indian govt ignoring these wonderful people are true..

    ReplyDelete